Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myPCOSteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myPCOSteam Member asked a question 💭
Vermillion, SD

Does anyone have any suggestions for choosing a health insurance? I"m wanting to visit with a fertility doctor soon and try to have a baby in the next 1-2 years and I'm wondering what kinds of coverage would be important. I'm moving and switching jobs, and so I have an opportunity to choose between several different plans, but I don't know how to choose one and HR isn't allowed to help me!

December 6, 2017
 · 
Be the first to react
A myPCOSteam Member

@A myPCOSteam Member just google “State mandates for infertility coverage” hope your outcome is better than mine! We are getting ready to start clomid and ovidrel cycles and it is going to cost us $1,000 each cycle ugh!

December 11, 2017
A myPCOSteam Member

Employer covered, and my employer is the state. Can I just google if that' is mandated or not?

December 11, 2017
A myPCOSteam Member

Are you getting employer paid coverage or paying for your own? Depending on the state you live in there are mandates that require infertility coverage. In my case I live in a state that mandates it but my employer is based in a state that does not so our health plan comes from that state and I get zero coverage.

December 10, 2017

Related Questions

View All
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In