Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myPCOSteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myPCOSteam Member asked a question 💭

I was just recently diagnosed, and I’m trying to understand everything (which isn’t going super right now lol).

So, I went to my gynecologist, told her my symptoms and said I most likely had pcos, did a blood test, and got told that my FSH and LH levels were low and to be considered pcos-like. I told her and they know that I was supposed to start my period soon-ish, and I started my period 5-6 days after the blood test. Would those hormones drop that early before my period? And if so, is there… read more

August 9, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A myPCOSteam Member

LH is Lutenizing Hormone. FSH is Follicle Stimiulating Hormone.

LH spikes right before ovulation then drops, slight increase right before menstration - but slight compared to ovulation spike.

FSH increases slightly right before menstration too I think - but that stays much more level compared to the LH.

August 9, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A myPCOSteam Member asked a question 💭
Fayetteville, NC

A myPCOSteam Member asked a question 💭
Stockton on tees

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In