Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myPCOSteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myPCOSteam Member asked a question 💭
Stourbridge, UK

Hi ladies i was thinking of asking my doctor to prescribe me metformin along with my clomid. Aswell as helping with fertility does it help with PCOS symptoms? Can you have it with clomid ? I need to book in with my dpctor before xmas so i have more clomid incase i dont concieve this cycle so thought to mention it then

October 7, 2019
 · 
Be the first to react
A myPCOSteam Member

I know it helps a lot of women with PCOS but I never liked it it made me feel light headed and naucous (I think i spelled thar wrong) all the time. I heard more testimonial stories about it.

October 7, 2019
A myPCOSteam Member

Yes you can take both. I do. And metformin is supposed to help with blood sugar/wieght and some home to keep cysts from forming.

October 7, 2019
A myPCOSteam Member

My doc wanted to prescribe Metformin but after reading about the side effects and finding out some information on Myo-inositol and D-chiro inositol blend and pcos, i elected to try that instead. I'm insulin resistant. I also gave up consuming a lot of sugar and carbs. I've also read that Berberine is a natural alternative to Metformin and has fewer side effects, though its not recommended to take both Berberine and the Inositol .

October 7, 2019
A myPCOSteam Member

Thanks for your advice ladies x

October 7, 2019

Related Questions

View All

Gyn

A myPCOSteam Member asked a question 💭
Stafford, UK

A myPCOSteam Member asked a question 💭
Muncie, IN

A myPCOSteam Member asked a question 💭
Dublin, IE

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In