Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myPCOSteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myPCOSteam Member asked a question 💭
Utah

I was diagnosed with PCOS 3 years ago but it actually came as a surprise because my periods weren’t irregular. My cycle had increased to 45 days and my bleeding was quite heavy and painful. I also experienced lower abdominal pain on palpation and there was always a little twinge on my right hand ride when I turned suddenly or bent down. Anyway, I went to my OBGYN and they scanned me and said I had multiple cysts on my right ovary and my oestrogen levels were through the roof. She put me on metfo… read more

April 27, 2020
 · 
Reactions
A myPCOSteam Member

I'm pretty much the same except my periods we're irregular and really bad, I'm now on medication to stop them, the last ones were so bad I ended up in hospital, I was bleeding to much, the pain was unbearable, the longer I was on the worse it got, I could be on for months and months at a time, and I get anemic to but also bad! My estrogen and progesterone levels are through the roof the Dr was amazed! My hormone levels do make me ill to so on medication for that also, I also get pregnancy symptoms because my progesterone is so high, sometimes I get really sore boobs, feeling sick in mornings I've even had false contractions before lol as to the cysts, my ovaries are always covered in them, I'm currently waiting for a date for surgery to have a cyst the size of a watermelon removed on my right and this will be my 5th surgery to have the same thing done it starts with lots of little cysts that grow into massive ones and get bigger and bigger usually on both, this time though because of damage my right ovary will be removed also.
I'm on morphine to control my pain and it's not the first time, and the way things are at the moment it's going to have to wait until it's an emergency then apparently they can rush me in but until then morphine is my best friend lol
Going to bed is the worst for me I now sleep sitting up, every which way I lie is agony getting up in the mornings is the worst as my ovaries are moving and have massive cysts they are moving in ways they shouldn't so that's fun.
I also take metformin as I have insulin resistance and it has helped as well I can control my weight better when I'm on it, it seems to stop the sugary and sweet cravings I get lol
I know it's hard and all this is horrible but honestly you'll find ways to cope and figure out what's good and bad for you, everyone is different so it's all about finding out your balance x

April 27, 2020
A myPCOSteam Member

Hope you get better too!

April 27, 2020
A myPCOSteam Member

Oh my goodness! Sending you all my love, that’s a horrible thing to go through, I hope the pain gets better x

April 27, 2020

Related Questions

View All
A myPCOSteam Member asked a question 💭
Las Vegas, NV

A myPCOSteam Member asked a question 💭
Wesson, MS

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In