Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myPCOSteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myPCOSteam Member asked a question 💭
New York, NY

Hi everyone, My name is Ana, Im 21 years old Ive been having PCOS symptoms since i was 16, I wasn’t diagnosed at the time but my pediatrician gave me birth control I was already having irregular periods, oily scalp, and producing sweat and odor fast. The Pill caused a PE ever since then i gradually started getting sick the symptoms and issues below are what has been occurring to me since
- Constant or increased hunger
* Strong sugar cravings
* Brain fog (not in college due to cognitive… read more

3 days ago
 · 
Be the first to react
A myPCOSteam Member

Thank you for taking me seriously. When I said I wanted to give up and that my life would suck until I die, I meant that I’m exhausted and scared that I’ll have to live with these health problems forever. I am not saying that I intend to hurt myself. I’m really struggling with the uncertainty and the feeling that my body keeps giving me new problems

3 days ago
myPCOSteam

What steps can be taken to start feeling better and managing PCOS symptoms that have been building since age 16?

First, it's really important to acknowledge how much has been going on — that's a heavy load to carry, especially at 21. Some of what's being experienced does connect to PCOS, and understanding those links can Show Full Answer

What steps can be taken to start feeling better and managing PCOS symptoms that have been building since age 16?

First, it's really important to acknowledge how much has been going on — that's a heavy load to carry, especially at 21. Some of what's being experienced does connect to PCOS, and understanding those links can be a helpful starting point.

PCOS-related symptoms from the list that are worth discussing with a doctor include:

- Sugar cravings & constant hunger — often linked to insulin resistance, which is very common with PCOS
- Brain fog — hormone imbalances, particularly elevated androgens, can affect cognitive clarity
- Irregular periods — a hallmark PCOS symptom tied to hormonal disruption
- Low iron — can be worsened by heavy or irregular periods
- Exercise intolerance & fatigue — PCOS can affect how the body processes energy
- Nausea & constipation — can be tied to hormonal fluctuations
- Mood and anxiety symptoms — people with PCOS have a significantly higher risk of anxiety and depression, which can also affect physical wellbeing Several symptoms like elevated heart rate, palpitations, chest tightness, and shortness of breath really do need prompt medical evaluation — these go beyond typical PCOS territory and deserve urgent attention from a doctor.

A strong next step is requesting a full hormonal panel, iron studies, and a metabolic workup from a gynecologist or endocrinologist who specializes in PCOS. Advocating loudly for thorough testing matters enormously here — many myPCOSteam members have found that being persistent with their care team leads to better answers and treatment plans.

Feeling like a different person from PCOS is something many others relate to deeply. As one myPCOSteam member shared, "I'm not the same person I used to be." That feeling is valid — and getting the right support can make a real difference.

3 days ago

Related Questions

View All
A myPCOSteam Member asked a question 💭
Edmonton, AB

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In