Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myPCOSteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myPCOSteam Member asked a question 💭
Fairbanks, AK

Does anyone have any experience taking metformin with inositol? I have been on Metformin for about a month now and just learned about myo-inositol. It seems that you don't need both, but is it safe to take both until I go back and speak with my doctor about it? Also did it help control blood sugars and regulate your cycles?

September 25, 2016
 · 
Reactions
A myPCOSteam Member

My doctor actually recommended Ovasitol and Metformin together. I’ve lost about 20 lbs since starting both in March.

September 28, 2017
A myPCOSteam Member

I take it each month. When I was put on metformin my dr recommended ovasitol or something. Similar. I've been taking fertile aide myo -inositol almost as long as metformin (about 5 months). I was on birth control for 2 months do to surgery but since getting off the BC in mid August I've had a natural period and according to my BBT chart last month I ovulated ( or at the very least had a temp shift). Overall I was just excited to get a natural period on cycle day 28. I'm in cycle day 21 right now had my temp shift 2 days ago. So looks like I'm in my TWW as the fiancé and I are trying to conceive.

September 26, 2016
A myPCOSteam Member

I believe so. I just had a temp shift yesterday. So I'm guessing I'll be getting my period in the next couple weeks. Last month my luteal phase was really short so hoping it will be longer this month as it will need to be for me to get pregnant

September 26, 2016
A myPCOSteam Member

Lindsay13 did taking both make you have migraines? I been trying to take both but sometimes it makes me have horrible headaches

July 9, 2018 (edited)
A myPCOSteam Member

I would personally stick to the metformin until you have spoken to your GP.
For me metformin gave me migraines so I stopped taking it. I discovered inositol early this year and have limited my sugar intake. Within 6 weeks I had my first natural period, then the following month. I went about 6-8 weeks without one again but think that was because I was enjoying my birthday celebrations. But they returned and now on my fourth consecutive month. I'm so happy. I'm 39 and I want a family. It's working for me but please see your GP first.

October 4, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A myPCOSteam Member asked a question 💭
Adelaide, AU

A myPCOSteam Member asked a question 💭
Stourbridge, UK

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In