Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myPCOSteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myPCOSteam Member asked a question 💭
Sacramento, CA

I miscarried at 5 weeks on March 14th 3017. My fiancé wants to try concurring again. My doctor will not give me clomid she says I need to lose 50 lbs. my insurance does not cover any of the nutritional classes provided by SUTTER.

April 25, 2017
 · 
Be the first to react
A myPCOSteam Member

So sorry to hear about your loss. I would go to another Doctor for a second opinion. At 35 years old I tried to lose weight for 5 years because a Gyno told me to lose weight before he would give me Clomid. At 40 I was running out of time and went for a second opinion only to hear from a new amazing Doctor that, after numerous tests, my PCOS was so under-controlled it would be near-impossible for me to lose weight without help. I went on Metformin and have since had 2 beautiful Clomid babies (and no I didn't lose that much weight)....but I am now in the position to focus on getting healthy more than just getting pregnant. When that is what you want it can be all consuming and very stressful. Take care of you and I hope your dreams come true.

December 11, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A myPCOSteam Member asked a question 💭
Woodland, MS

A myPCOSteam Member asked a question 💭
Willard, OH

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In