Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myPCOSteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myPCOSteam Member asked a question 💭
La Mesa, CA

I've been trying to find out what a good percentage for my macros would be since being diagnosed with PCOS. I know less carbs is better. Shiuld I have more fats then protein? About equal? I've read mostly that having a bit more fats are better. But then I see the keto diet and it's mostly all healthy fats some protein and very little carbs. I log my food using MyFitnessPal and try and go mostly by the macros so it's been frustrating not knowing what's best.

July 31, 2017
 · 
Be the first to react
A myPCOSteam Member

When I was following my diet (and it was working to help me lose weight), I wouldn't know what my percentages were, but I ate 40-50 g total carbs for meals (every 4 hours) with a snack of 15-20 g carbs in between. Of those carbs, I tried to make sure at least 5 g were fiber but sometimes it was as little less, around 3 g.

I didn't pay much attention to how much fat other than making generally healthy decisions (1% fat milk instead of whole, sensible amounts of cheese or butter on things, didn't eat fried/deep fried foods, etc). I didn't measure my protein either but I made sure to eat 1 -2 servings of protein with every meal.

An example of a meal was 1cup of mac n cheese with lil smokie sausages, apple with peanut butter for snack, peanut butter toast and eggs for breakfast. Lots of protein, moderate amount of fat, relatively low carb.

August 22, 2017
A myPCOSteam Member

I've been trying keto cleanse from Maria Emmerich. She has a Facebook page with lots of great resources. I also used this tool to figure out macros. https://www.ruled.me/keto-calculator/
If you have anymore questions or need support feel free to message me. I have been having such a hard time with cravings. I'm praying I can stick to this.

August 3, 2017
A myPCOSteam Member

@A myPCOSteam Member thank you! Cravings are hard for me too. I've been trying to find healthier/pcos friendly alternatives to my cravings.

August 3, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A myPCOSteam Member asked a question 💭
Fort McMurray, AB

A myPCOSteam Member asked a question 💭
Calgary, AB

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In