Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myPCOSteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myPCOSteam Member asked a question 💭
Houston, TX

I was just diagnosed yesterday and my doctor really did not give me much information. She just prescribed metformin and sent me on my way. Ive been doing my own research since and ive come across a couple different sites that mention different types of PCOS. Has anyones doctor mentioned this to them?

April 19, 2018
 · 
Be the first to react
A myPCOSteam Member

My advise is what ever you do....dont take the depo shot, i know that no ones body is the same but I have went thru some thing emotionally and physically since Feb. And my dr wont see me back until May and the hospital here wont even check me out because they dont know anything about PCOS

April 21, 2018
A myPCOSteam Member

nope.... I just had insulin resistance as well.

April 29, 2018
A myPCOSteam Member

Its funny i have been diagnosis with this for a 11 years now and never know there was different kinds. Found it out myself though reading.

April 21, 2018 (edited)
A myPCOSteam Member

That's what I was told too. You have PCOS, here is your metformin and BC. See you in a couple of months for testing and your refills.

April 20, 2018
A myPCOSteam Member

I had no idea either....I was just told I have PCOS.

April 20, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A myPCOSteam Member asked a question 💭
Edmonton, AB

Gyn

A myPCOSteam Member asked a question 💭
Stafford, UK

A myPCOSteam Member asked a question 💭
Muncie, IN

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In