Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myPCOSteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myPCOSteam Member asked a question 💭
Fort McMurray, AB

I have done keto, I dropped weight fast but as soon as I had a cheat meal I'd be off keto, the cravings then went through the roof. I have been doing a lot of research on pcos and what whole foods can do for you. So I'm thinking about going on a whole food low GI lifestyle. Any opinions ladies? I know everyone's bodies are different

October 30, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A myPCOSteam Member

SAME! Keto worked great - but my love of carbs won and I gained all the weight back and then some. So now I'm doing "If it fits your macros" and eat whatever I want (within reason - dairy bothers me so I minimize that). I try to eat a lot of whole foods but find that the IIFYM (https://www.iifym.com/) works great for me so I dont over restrict then end up binging.I do try to keep sugars and carbs moderate - but thats the great thing about IIFYM you can tweak your macros to what works for you - it does take some time to figure out whats going to be best for you macros wise, but what doesnt? Some days I'm stricly calories in/calories out and dont pay too much attention to macros but it has definitley helped me figure out my body.

October 31, 2018
A myPCOSteam Member

Amazing!

October 31, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A myPCOSteam Member asked a question 💭
Edmonton, AB

A myPCOSteam Member asked a question 💭
Williamsport, PA