Has anyone met with a reproductive endocrinologist and gotten specific blood work done to see what’s going on with hormone imbalance? I feel like this may be the beginning to a way to start a treatment plan, for me. I’ve tried different weight loss regimens and have been mildly successful but always manage to gain back some of the weight I lost. I’m currenyl not on birth control, but I do take metformin. I’ve even considered the lap band procedure to help with controlled weight loss. Any tips on… read more
Your doctor may want to start off with hormone levels like (estrogen/progesterone/FSH/LH/Testosterone), TSH for thyroid, Vitamin D hydroxy, Lipids. After that they may want to rule out other things that may cause your symptoms. Labs like cortisol, 17-hydroxyprogesterone, DHEA, Thyroid peroxidase, Insulin, HgbA1c. That is what they did for me. I saw my PCP first then the 2nd set of labs was done by the endocrinologist. Gives them a place to start...
Excellent, thanks SO much!!