PCOS can cause outward changes that draw unwanted attention. Acne and facial hair are two difficult symptoms of PCOS. The hormonal changes that cause hirsutism (excessive dark, coarse hair on body areas where hair isn't typical — usually the face, chest, and back) and acne are difficult to address. Support becomes essential when dealing with these PCOS symptoms.
On myPCOSteam, the social network and online support group for women living with PCOS, members talk about a range of personal experiences and struggles. Acne and hirsutism are some of the top 10 topics most discussed.
Here are a few question-and-answer threads about acne and facial hair:
• What acne products work best for you?
• Any advice for subduing or getting rid of hirsutism?
• How do you deal with hurtful remarks about facial hair?
• Has anyone had success with electrolysis?
Here are some conversations about acne and facial hair::
• I’m dealing with horrible cystic acne that’s making me extremely self-conscious. I’d love advice and helpful tips from anyone!
• One member considers treatment for hirsutism and acne.
• This member adjusted her lifestyle to help with acne.
Have another topic you'd like to discuss or explore? Go to myPCOSteam today and start the conversation. You'll be surprised just how many others may share similar stories.
Feel free to ask a question here.