Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myPCOSteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myPCOSteam Member asked a question 💭
Utah

So it's been a week since my period ended and a few days ago I noticed like a little bit of blood in my discharge. Then this morning I noticed it again. I didn't bleed as such, the blood was just mixed in with the discharge, It was brown but also red in some parts. I've been worrying myself to death for the past hour. Has anyone else experiences this? Could it be old blood from my period? But surely then it would be brown right? Someone help me please :((

August 5, 2020
 · 
Be the first to react
A myPCOSteam Member

I have had that too over the years - so please don't worry. Sometimes just as you say "old gunk" from a nasty period and once when I had a cyst - but then it carried on for 3-4 weeks every day so I knew something was wrong. Then a Laparoscopic surgery removed the cyst. I am sure unless it continues it's okay so don't worry x

August 5, 2020
A myPCOSteam Member

Yes it’s totally normal to me . Specially when you have missed periods

August 12, 2020
A myPCOSteam Member

There are lots of reasons for it, but it could be spotting. Do not google anything. Google is evil and you will spiral into a worry x

August 5, 2020
A myPCOSteam Member

Hey😊 I’m not a doctor, but I have had this loads of times before. Unfortunately, PCOS is unpredictable and we tend to have these odd things happen. Are your periods irregular? If you’re concerned, call your GP. They will be able to put your mind at rest x

August 5, 2020

Related Questions

View All
A myPCOSteam Member asked a question 💭
Romsey, UK

A myPCOSteam Member asked a question 💭
Myrtle Beach, SC

A myPCOSteam Member asked a question 💭
Rochester, NY

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In