Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myPCOSteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
July 3, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A myPCOSteam Member

What if you only have a stand-up shower? 🤪. I guess a dish bucket could work to soak my feet and lower legs in (where I have the dark scaley patches).

September 19, 2025
A myPCOSteam Member

@A myPCOSteam Member @A myPCOSteam Member

I get these same dark patches too! I used to have dark patches all over my body which was really hard to deal with when I was growing up. I think the dark patches are related to diet/insulin resistance/ carb intake. Cutting carbs can help limit dark spots.

Also, in recent years, I have found that Epsom salt baths work really well in getting rid of dark patches. Get Dr. Teals Epsom Salt and do a bath soak for 15 to 20 minutes. Make sure you use warm water! I recommend starting with the Dr. Teals Pink Himalayan epsom salt.

This is probably the best "self-care" activity I've found for myself. I put my favorite music together in a "self-care" playlist and set the vibe! After I do my bath soaks, I usually put Tree Hut Pineapple Body Butter to ensure smooth skin.

When I take Epsom salt baths, I usually do it on a Friday or Saturday night. My dark spots don't come back for a while after a epsom salt bath. I have seen some dark spots on my arms lately and need to take another epsom salt bath lol.

Here is the link to the one I use!: https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Teals-Replenish-Essen...

Amazon.com : Dr Teal's Epsom Salt Magnesium Soak, Restore & Replenish with Pink Himalayan Salt, 3 lbs : Beauty & Personal Care
Amazon.com : Dr Teal's Epsom Salt Magnesium Soak, Restore & Replenish with Pink Himalayan Salt, 3 lbs : Beauty & Personal Care
July 18, 2025
A myPCOSteam Member

Im wondering this too for my daughter.

July 8, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A myPCOSteam Member asked a question 💭
Burlington, VT

A myPCOSteam Member asked a question 💭
Paauilo, HI

A myPCOSteam Member asked a question 💭
Edmonton, AB

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In