Most of the population has never heard of PCOS, and in many ways, it's an invisible illness. However, some PCOS symptoms are visible, drawing embarrassing looks and questions. It can help to know that you are not alone.
On myPCOSteam, the social network and online support group women those living with PCOS, members talk about a range of personal experiences and struggles. Embarrassment is one of the top 10 topics most discussed.
Here are some conversations about embarrassment:
• I hate having to pluck or wax my facial hair every morning so I won't walk out of the house and be embarrassed.
• Moved to a new city about a month ago and just finding it hard to adjust. I get weird looks because I clearly have issues with facial hair.
• I struggle with dark skin among other things, it's so embarrassing. I'm clean I swear!
Here are some question and answer threads about embarrassment:
• How long does it take for Aldactone to start working?
• Why do I bleed when having sex?
Can you relate?
Have another topic you'd like to discuss or explore? Go to myPCOSteam today and start the conversation. You'll be surprised just how many others may share similar stories.
Feel free to ask a question here.